Native American Health Plans Quote Form
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Native American Health Plans Quote Form
Native American Health Plans Information
*Note, please read through this page completely before calling or requesting a call back to ensure this program is a good fit for you and your family.*
What are Native American Health Plans?
Native American Health Plans are special benefits available to members of Federally recognized tribes through the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). These benefits are not insurance plans in themselves, rather they are benefits that are added to existing health plans. These benefits "subsidize" certain features of a Blue Cross plan such as deductibles, co-pays and coinsurance.
The primary benefits listed by the federal Insurance Marketplace are as follows:
- If you buy a Marketplace plan and your income is between 100% and 300% of the federal poverty level, you can enroll in a “zero cost sharing” plan. This means you won’t have to pay any out-of-pocket costs -- like deductibles, co-payments, and coinsurance -- when you get care.
- If you get services from an Indian Health Care Provider, you won’t have any out-of-pocket costs like co-payments, coinsurance, or deductibles, regardless of your income. (This benefit also applies to Purchased and Referred Care.)
- You can enroll in a Marketplace health insurance plan any time, not just during the yearly Open Enrollment Period. You can change plans as often as once a month.
- You can get (or keep getting) services from the Indian Health Service, tribal health programs (also known as tribal 638 programs or tribal health clinics), or urban Indian health programs.
- You can also get services from any providers on the Marketplace plan.
Some may ask though, "why would I need an insurance plan when I have access to Indian Health Services (IHS)?" The answer is that you cannot even purchase such a plan elsewhere, even through a premium employer group plan. If you could, it would likely cost well over $2,000 per month to insure a family. It is the best health insurance plan available in America Today. Some other reasons may include the following:
- Emergencies. You can avoid any wait or approval for treatment. Simply go to your local provider or hospital and present your Blue Cross card. This is extremely important in the event of an emergency.
- Location. Many Native Americans have to make a long drive in order receive medical treatment. With these plans you can see your local provider.
- Benefits your tribe. When you use your Blue Cross plan at an IHS clinic or hospital, they will appreciate you because the insurance company will pay for the charges instead of the tribe.
To view the Blue Cross Blue Shield Native American plans for Oklahoma CLICK HERE
Although all Native Americans who are members of a federally recognized tribes can tap into some of these benefits, the best set of benefits are available to those who's "adjusted gross household income" is between 100% and 300% of the federal poverty level. Please view the information below to see if these benefits would be a good fit for you and your family.
For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $4320 for each additional person.
In addition to these special added benefits to your Blue Cross Plan, you can also take advantage of subsidies that the Federal Government pays toward your monthly bill, which can save you thousands per year. These subsidies are based on household size and income as well. In fact the federal subsidies are the highest they have ever been, which results in lower premiums for you. This provides a great opportunity to afford a more complete insurance package to guard yourself and family against anything life can throw at you.
Critical illness, Life Insurance and Dental for COMPLETE COVERAGE
Critical illness policies are supplemental insurance policies that provide a first occurrence "lump sum" payment directly to you in the event of certain diagnosis such as cancer. The benefits are paid directly to you not to the doctors or hospitals so the money is yours to use as you see fit and any remaining funds left over are your to keep. It is a great "one two punch" to protect yourself on the front side from medical treatment expenses with a great health insurance plan and to protect your finances on the back side with a great critical illness plan. Some of the unexpected expenses and financial burdens that you may experience as result of certain illnesses include:
- Medical treatments or certain drugs not covered by your health plan.
- Mortgage assistance while you are recovering.
- Bill payments such as car payments and insurance
- Experimental treatments not covered by traditional insurance Travel expenses for non-local treatment.
- Loss of income from being out of work.
Life Insurance is a crucial piece of the puzzle to protecting your family financially. Did you know, the standard equation for Life insurance includes 10 times the income of the insured, plus the future cost of your children’s college, plus your current debt? Does your life insurance policy cover these amounts? The truth is most families in America are extremely under-insured when it comes to Life Insurance and completely unprepared financially for the death of a spouse.
Dental and Vision plans are important to your families health and finances as well. The costs associated with a major dental procedure today can be a blow to your bank account. The solution would seem to be a dental plan but many dental and vision plans available today don't have very good benefits, are very expensive, have long wait periods and limited networks, so it requires extensive research to find the best ones. You're busy we know, so we do the homework for you in order to find the best options available today.
We offer the perfect solution!
At Oklahoma Health Options we are always researching different companies, plans and benefits to provide our clients with the best options available on the market today. We have identified a handful of companies that are a perfect match for the Native American subsidized plans. By taking advantage of the federal subsidies applied toward your health plan, you can now afford additional insurance to provide complete protection, which may not have been affordable before the subsidized Native American Plans.
Compare for yourself this program to an unsubsidized Blue Cross Plan
*For example purposes only, results will vary based on household size, income and county. Native American Insurance solution quote above is for a Native American family of four with annual household income of $75,000 living in Oklahoma County. Subject to change.
What Do I need to complete an application?
- Your CDIB or Tribal Card, which is required by the Federal Marketplace in order to show proof of Native American Heritage.
- Proof of income such as W-2, 1099, or tax return, which is required by the Federal Market place in order to determine you subsidy amount.
- An Active Checking account because most insurance companies have now gone to a auto draft from checking account as standard payment.
- Possibly your social security card in case the Federal Market Place requires further documents for proof of identity.
Native Americans who purchase this complete insurance solution, including the Blue Cross Native American Health Plan and the Manhattan Viva Life and Dental/Vision/Hearing Plans will have some of the best coverage available today at the best total cost. You and your family can have one less thing to worry about when it comes to an unforeseen medical event. Don't delay, contact us today to get started protecting yourself and your family!
Call 405-546-2000 today or to schedule your FREE consultation